- Free Open Source
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP
- PC Type:
- 32-bit, 64-bit · x86_x64
- Nov 14, 2017
Mount a Linux ext2 or ext3 filesystem to Windows, view or edit its files with write access with support for large files.
Ext2 Volume Manager is a free and open source mountpoint management software download filed under hard disk partition software and made available by Matt Wu for Windows.
The review for Ext2 Volume Manager has not been completed yet, but it was tested by an editor here on a PC and a list of features has been compiled; see below.
Ext2 Volume Manager is an open source Linux ext2/ext3 file system driver created for Windows systems.
Ext2fsd is much stable for normal works, with writing access enabled. The computer's performance can sometimes become an issue when there are heavy I/O operations.
In the case of heavy I/O writing jobs, it is advisable to create an Ext2 partition as a swap between Windows and Linux and Ext2 Volume Manager will help you do just that.
Features and highlights
- Flexible inode size: more than 128 bytes, up to block size
- Dir_index: htree directory index
- Filetype: extra file mode in dentry
- Large_file: files larger than 4G files supported
- Sparse_super: super block backup in group descriptor
- Uninit_bg: fast fsck and group checksum
- Extent: reading, writing with no extending
- Journal: only support replay for internal journal
Ext2 Volume Manager 0.69 (November 2, 2017) on 32-bit and 64-bit PCs
This download is licensed as freeware for the Windows (32-bit and 64-bit) operating system on a laptop or desktop PC from hard disk partition software without restrictions. Ext2 Volume Manager 0.69 (November 2, 2017) is available to all software users as a free download for Windows. As an open source project, you are free to view the source code and distribute this software application freely.
- Ext2 Volume Manager Download
- Freeware Hard Disk Partition Software
- Open source and GPL software
- Mountpoint Management Software
We have tested Ext2 Volume Manager 0.69 (November 2, 2017) against malware with several different programs. We certify that this program is clean of viruses, malware and trojans.